Dolls Party 8: Kyoto 3/13/2011 Limited Dollfie Dreams Announced

Volks has officially announced the limited edition Dollfie Dreams that will be available at the upcoming Doll Party in Kyoto.
img_g1
Character- Beatrice
Series- Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry)
Official Volks Page- http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/umineko/index.html
img_kudo2
Character- Noumi Kudryavka “Kudo”
Series- Little Busters!
Official Volks Page- http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/kudo/mdd_kudo.html

Beatrice is from the When the Seagulls Cry murder mystery game which subsequently got turned into a manga as well as a twenty six episode long anime series. Previously Volks released Maria another character from When the Seagulls Cry.
img_g6
I’m not really overly familiar with the When the Seagulls Cry series, I know Beatrice is the basis for the legend of the Golden Witch.
img_g3
Her gown is absolutely stunning, I think it is quite possibly the most ambitious Dollfie Dream outfit released to date. I sincerely hope that her gown is lined, as gorgeous as it is I fear that it will stain her very badly.
img_g4 (1)
Beatrice is truly an aristocratic beauty but as beautiful as Beatrice is, I am safe from her beguiling charms.
img_g7
Beatrice’s price is 57,750 yen which with present conversion rates equals out to about $689.38. Beatrice has an alternate outfit that will also be available at the dolpa, it will cost 10,290 yen.
img_g12

While I may be able to avoid temptation with Beatrice, the adorable Kudo may be too much of a temptation for me to avoid. In theory, I should not even be thinking about more Dollfie Dreams right now I just got Nia and well she wasn’t the only recent DD purchase. There are kind of two other Dollfie Dreams inbound at the moment, plus Saber Lily coming in March so I am not even supposed to be thinking of more Dollfie Dreams until October but Kudo may tempt me off of my dolly prohibition.
img_kudo1
Noumi Kudryavka is from Little Busters! a visual novel.
img_kudo3
I absolutely love Kudo as a Mini Dollfie Dream, she made a wonderful transition into doll form. I have been wanting another MDD for a while to compliment Illya and I think I may have found her.
img_kudo4
She is far too adorable.
img_kudo5
Kudo’s price is going to be 50,400 yen which with current exchange rates is going to be about $603.98.

A total of three different outfits are being released for Kudo; two different Ao Dai outfit sets as well as a winter school uniform.
img_dress2_2
The two Ai Dao outfit sets are going to cost 7,140 yen each. I prefer the pink set myself although the blue set compliments Kudo better.
img_dress3_1
I will probably pass on the Ai Dao sets but I may end up getting the winter school uniform.
img_dress1_1

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Doll, Dollfie Dream and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Dolls Party 8: Kyoto 3/13/2011 Limited Dollfie Dreams Announced

1. Nate says:

Dollies, dollies everywhere; but not enough Ikea to go around; what ever shall I do!

2. Moonchild says:

Oh wow, Beatrice is stunning! 🙂
    She reminds me a bit of Scarlett from “Gone with the Wind”. 🙂

Wow, I really like Beatrice. She is breathtaking, and I love all her outfits. I’ve read that Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a great series. I’m currently reading the manga Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and I enjoy it a lot. But I’m tempted to play the games instead of watching the anime and reading the manga.

If I could, I would really get both of them but now as it is with one more DD still inbound Kudo is still a very much of an if and I have been dying for another MDD so she takes priority. I’ve heard nothing but positive things about Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

I’m going to put some more thought into Beatrice. There is a slim chance I may put in for the lottery on the 13th. I came into some money that I plan on using to pay off my car and credit card…and if there is enough leftover I may go after Beatrice. I know I’ve been “waiting” for Rider, but I think I may prefer a dollfie like Beatrice even though I like Rider a lot. My main concern is that if I go for her I absolutely want to try and get her school uniform and that adds on quite a bit of money too.

But…what are the chances that I might end up winning for the outfit and not Beatrice? If that ever happened would I be allowed to skip purchasing the outfit? If I already owned a DD I probably wouldn’t mind having it, but since I don’t…

Sorry I missed this comment. I’m definitely putting in for Kudo myself, using profits from doll sales and birthday money to fund her. They may never actually make a Rider DD, realistically her facial tattoo would be a hard thing for them to replicate I wouldn’t hold out waiting for something that may never in fact be released.

Worst case if you did win the outfit and not the doll you could always toss it on ebay afterwards the limited outfits tend to go for quite a bit; I have seen Sakura’s Dark Transformation set go for almost $300 depends on the desirability of the outfit.

Never mind, I saw the part where it said no cancellations allowed. But I feel like if that happened (I won the outfit and not Beatrice) at the very least I could turn around and sell the outfit for what I paid.